As you may know, The Vegg has an awesome product for all of you vegan bakers out there! Instead of using their vegan egg yolk powder, you can try out their baking mix for your marvelous vegan creations. If you’re stumped on where to start, check out this delectable and ADORABLE recipe for Mini-Lemon Bundt Cakes that I made. They’re perfect for Mother’s Day–which is coming up this weekend–in case you forgot.
What makes this baking mix different from The Vegg’s breakout product is the addition of leavening and some other ingredients to make it more substantial. Plus, it’s used in a totally different way. Instead of blending it, you can use a hand-held mixer to whip it together until it thickens. The company was even nice enough to include some recipes on the package.
This product works great as a binder, but let’s not forget that it adds a subtle egg flavor to whatever your making. The color of these cakes is vibrant with The Vegg Baking Mix and lemon zest paired together, not to mention extra moist. I could see these mini-cakes being a great closer for a beautiful Sunday brunch!
Glazed Mini-Lemon Bundt Cakes
Mini-Lemon Bundt Cakes
- 2 tsp. The Vegg Baking Mix
- 1/2 C. Water
- 1 C. Sugar
- 1 1/4 C. Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 C. Non-Dairy Milk
- 2 T. Lemon Juice
- 1/3 C. Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 T. Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/2 C. Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Lemon Zest
- Optional: Fresh Blueberries for Garnish
Mini-Lemon Bundt Cakes
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric hand-held mixer, whip the The Vegg Baking Mix, water, and sugar together for 2 minutes until it thickens and gels.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in one bowl. Whisk the non-dairy milk, lemon juice, olive oil, lemon zest, and vanilla extract together in a separate, smaller bowl with a spout.
- Add both mixtures to the Vegg mixture and beat together until smooth (roughly 2 minutes).
- Take 8, 3 oz. mini bundt cake pans and coat them with a thin layer of oil and a light dusting of flour. Arrange them on a large baking sheet.
- Pour the batter 3/4 of the way full in each pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick draws clean and the tops turn golden.
- Once the cakes are done baking, take them out of the oven and place them on a cooling rack for 20-30 minutes before serving.
- While the cakes are cooling, whisk together the non-dairy milk, powdered sugar, and lemon zest in a small saute pan over medium-low heat, until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a simmer while still whisking and adjust heat to low for 2-3 minutes. Take the pan off of the stove and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cakes just before serving and then top with fresh blueberries and additional lemon zest.