Vegan Chickpea "Tuna"
Ideal for a quick snack or sdanwich filler, this Chickpea Tuna recipe only takes 5 minutes to make.
- 15 oz Chickpeas Canned or fresh
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- .25 cup Vegan Mayo
- .5 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- .5 tsp Salt
- .5 tsp Garlic Powder
- .5 tsp Onion Powder
- .25 cup Diced Onion
- .25 cup Spring Onion
- 1 sheet Nori Sheet
1. Drain Chickpeas and add them to a mixing bowl and start mashing with a fork or masher.
2. Add in other ingredients and mash.
3. This process can take a few minutes. If you want it thicker, you can leave it half-mashed so that the chickpeas are somewhat intact. Or if you want more of a tuna consistency, mash until you get a smoother texture.
4. Once you're happy with your desired vegan "Tuna" simply serve it on sourdough bread, in a sandwich, or in a salad.