Updated: September 2021
When you subscribe to the Vegancuts email list or buy a product through the website, you’re not only showing us your great taste but you’re also making a secure, protected purchase. We’ll ask you to provide your name, email address, username, password, zip code/postal code and or mailing address. IP address may also be recorded to authenticate users.
When you like an offer or follow a company, we will link this information with your user account so that we can give you updates when similar offers are introduced. If you choose to submit profile information in an order confirmation page or your my account, that information will securely be used to provide you better product recommendations in the future.
Why do you need my info?
A few reasons:
1. To send email updates: The email address you provide will be used to send information and updates pertaining to our website, special offers on vegan products, and any vegan-related information that we think you will enjoy. You’ve got things to do so we use this info to make discovering new vegan products easy for you.
2. To improve our website: We know, we know. You love Vegancuts like Mark Darcy loved Bridget Jones: Just the way it is. We’re focused on continually improving our website and the information and feedback we receive from you will help us do just that.
3. To get you free stuff: Your contact information may be used to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other website feature.
Under 13 years of age?
At the moment, no one under 13 years old is permitted to use the site.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
Sharing is caring…but sometimes it’s not. Here’s what we don’t share:
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential and protected.
Here’s what we do share:
We share your shipping address with our product suppliers because they’re not so good at reading minds when trying to figure out where to ship orders.
We may release your information when we believe it’s necessary to comply with the law, enforce our website policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
In addition, we or a third party service provider acting on our behalf may temporarily refer to personal information from you when your purchase is valid for targeted promotional offers. If you accept a gift from one of our gifting partners, we may transfer personally identifiable information to them so that you can receive and make use of the gift accepted, and they can respond to your inquiries. In these cases, your personal information will only be used to deliver the gift code to you, not for any additional purposes.
Here’s a summary of how we protect your data and respect your privacy.
Types of data we collect
- Contact details (including your email address)
- Shipping information (assuming an order is placed)
- Data on how you interact Vegancuts online
- Survey results and profile information that you submit to us
How we use your data
- To process and ship your order
- To provide personalized customer support
- To keep Vegancuts up and running
- To send you marketing emails (assuming you opt-in)
- To provide you personalized suggestions on products
- To provide to vendors in our marketplace
Third parties who process your data
- Infrastructure: Media Temple, MySQL, our fulfillment center that processes orders (Promotion Fulfillment Center, in based Iowa, USA)
- Analytics: Google Analytics, hotjar
- Customer Support / Marketing: Zendesk, Campaign Monitor, Intercom, MailChimp, Klaviyo
- Payments: Stripe, PayPal
- Other: Misc. Google Services, shipping services (such as Easypost, USPS, FedEx)
When we collect data
We collect data from users when they browse our website, sign up to receive emails, create an account or place an order.
Know your rights
You have the right to the following:
- Request specific information we hold on you
- Opt-out of marketing emails
- Request to have stored information removed from our database
How do we protect your information?
Big, burly virtual bouncers. Okay, not really but we do implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information.
317 S. Holt Ave PH D
Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org