Y’all, it’s that time of year. Sports-centered parties are happening everywhere, and the pinnacle of the season—the Super Bowl—is almost upon us. You know what this means? Awesome nacho snack time! Not that I need an excuse to whip up a delicious plate of vegan nachos…
I recommend using these stellar products to make your journey to Taste Town that much easier: Larry’s Southwestern Chipotle Sauce, Atlantic Natural Foods 5-Bean Chili, and Beanfields Chips! These snack staples are a phenomenal foundation on which to build your pile of nacho goodness.
The chipotle sauce pairs perfectly with the substantial, savory chili while the chips bring a gluten-free, corn-free crunch to the dish. Add a few of your favorite toppings, including my homemade spicy nacho sauce, and these nachos will be gone in minutes.
Of course, you can use vegan cheese shreds instead of the cheese sauce for an even shorter prep time. That is, if you’ve got the patience to let the cheese melt. Here’s a photo summary of what you’re working with:
Chili Chipotle Nachos
- Vegan Nacho Sauce
- 1 C. Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/4 C. Nutritional Yeast
- 1 T. Tomato Paste
- 1 T. Pickled Jalapenos Minced (Optional)
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. or to taste Sea Salt
- 1 T. Organic Corn Starch
- 1/4 tsp. Turmeric for color Optional
- 1- 6 oz. Bag of Beanfields Unsalted Chips
- 1 C. Atlantic Natural Foods 5-Bean Chili
- 1/3 C. Larry’s Southwestern Chipotle Sauce
- 1/4 C. Sliced Avocado
- 1-2 T. Green Onions Diced
- Dollop of Vegan Sour Cream Optional
- Slices of Pickled Jalapeno Optional
Vegan Nacho Sauce
- Place all ingredients for the nacho sauce into a small pan or pot, and whisk together until smooth, over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and adjust heat to low-medium, stirring occasionally. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sauce has reduce by nearly a 1/3 and has thickened.
- Preheat oven to 350F and get out a small baking sheet.
- In a small sauce pan, stir together the 5-Bean Chili and Chipotle sauce, over medium heat. Cook until it becomes hot, then take it off of the stove.
- Spread 1/2 of the bag of chips out over the baking sheet, then carefully spoon 1/2 of the chili chipotle mixture over the chips. Spoon 1/4 C. of Nacho Cheese Sauce over the chili.
- Next, top the cheese with the remaining chips, then chili and cheese. Place in oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Once they’re done baking, top with the avocado, green onions, vegan sour cream and jalapenos. Serve warm, with a cold beverage!
About our Blogger Friend, Jackie
Jackie Sobon is the chef and photographer behind the blog Vegan Yack Attack, cooking food and taking beautiful pictures of it is her passion and “Camera Eats First” is her motto. She has worked for Vegan Cuts for 3 years, photographed cookbooks for Happy Herbivore and Cupcakes & Kale, and for her own eBook, The Great Vegan Pumpkin. She has been featured on VegNews.com, KTLA, as well as many top vegan blog lists and Chickpea Magazine.