Taking an ice cream and making it into a Sundae is one of my favorite treats. In this case, I’ve taken CherryMan Maraschino Cherries, Date Lady Caramel Sauce, Luna & Larry’s Coconut Bliss Vanilla Island and a luscious cherry brownie and turned them into a fantastic brownie sundae.
What’s cool about the ingredients in this sundae is that they’re all-natural and non-GMO! The Luna & Larry’s Coconut Bliss ice cream is dairy-free, soy-free and gluten-free as well as USDA-certified organic and Non-GMO verified. Usually maraschinos are a franken-fruit, if you will, but CherryMan’s Farm to Market cherries are a great alternative to the ones of your childhood.
The warm brownie pairs perfectly with the cold ice cream and the caramel sauce is rich with flavors; it’ll be hard to share this with others, but if you do you’ll be making all sorts of friends! A bonus: Date Lady’s Caramel Sauce is super versatile and not too thick, so you don’t have to warm it up to get your caramel on.
You see why this sundae is so spectacular? I sure hope so! Bet you won’t believe me when I say that the best has yet to come.
Cherry Caramel Brownie Sundae
- 1/3 C. Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/2 C. Sugar
- 1 T. Date Lady Caramel Sauce
- 1 T. Olive Oil or 2 T. for super luscious brownies
- 3/4 C. Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 C. Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 C. Vegan Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 T. CherryMan Maraschino Cherries Chopped
- 2-4 Scoops of Your Favorite Luna & Larry’s Coconut Bliss Ice Cream
- Date Lady Caramel Sauce to preference
- 2 CherryMan Maraschino Cherries
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare two oven-safe dishes that are roughly 5″ in diameter by lightly coating them with oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the non-dairy milk, sugar, Caramel Sauce and olive oil.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir together until there are no dry clumps. Now, fold in the chocolate chips and cherries.
- Divide the batter between the two baking dishes, and smooth the batter out. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick draws clean.
- Wait 10 minutes for the brownies to cool before serving them.
- Place 1-2 Scoops of ice cream onto each brownie. Drizzle the caramel sauce on top, to your liking and finish off with a cherry!
About our Blogger Friend, Jackie
Jackie Sobon is the chef and photographer behind the blog Vegan Yack Attack, cooking food and taking beautiful pictures of it is her passion and “Camera Eats First” is her motto. She has worked for Vegan Cuts for 3 years, photographed cookbooks for Happy Herbivore and Cupcakes & Kale, and for her own eBook, The Great Vegan Pumpkin. She has been featured on VegNews.com, KTLA, as well as many top vegan blog lists and Chickpea Magazine.