Today, I’m here to give you some insight into Coconut Organics CocoBacon, a coconut-based vegan bacon snack that is highly addictive. CocoBacon is one of three products from Coconut Organics, including Dark Chocolate Coconut Chips and Lightly Toasted Coconut Chips; all of their products are gluten-free, soy-free and vegan.
Even though the Dark Chocolate Coconut Chips give it a run for its money, the CocoBacon is definitely my favorite, and goes well with baked potatoes, sandwiches, soups, salads and as a snack right out of the bag. This recipe utilizes the flavor and texture of the CocoBacon to bring some crunch and smokiness to the panini, which pairs well with the grilled onions and bell peppers.
If you’re ever looking for an intensely flavorful sandwich that is relatively low-effort and really great, make this! You can also change up the veggies and add some zucchini or mushrooms for an equally as great end product. Find the recipe and accompanying cooking video below for some extra tips and instructions!
Roasted Veggie Panini with Sriracha Bacon Aioli
- For sriracha bacon aioli
- ¼ cup Coconut Organics CocoBacon
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- For the Panini
- ½ cup red onion, sliced
- ½ cup bell peppers, sliced
- ¼ cup vegan cheddar shreds
- 1 cup baby arugula, packed
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- Place the CocoBacon, vegan mayo and sriracha into a small bowl and stir together until combined. Set aside until ready to use.
- Spray a Panini press with high-heat cooking spray and place the onions and bell peppers onto it, closing the top and grilling for 3-5 minutes or until the veggies have brown grill marks.
- Take the grilled onions and peppers off of the Panini press and set aside.
- Spread the sriracha bacon aioli onto two pieces of bread, then divide the vegan cheddar shreds between the same two slices. Cover each one with the naked slice of bread and place the sandwich in the Panini press for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheddar shreds are melting.
- Split the sandwiches and divide the grilled veggies and arugula between the two and return them to the Panini press for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Cut in half and serve hot!