Summertime produce is perhaps my most favorite, not only because it’s delicious, but because it’s so vibrant and colorful! Here in the Pacific Northwest, strawberries are at their peak and local fields are overflowing with the sweet, bright red berries. I recently picked close to 18 pounds of strawberries and needed a quick and simple way to use them. Meet the Strawberry & Basil Smoothie.
This recipe utilizes not only sun-ripened strawberries, but zippy garden-fresh basil as well. The two ingredients pair nicely to create a refreshing, slightly sweet smoothie that you’ll absolutely love to sip.
- 1 Frozen Banana, Broken into Chunks
- 1 C. Fresh Strawberries, Hulls Removed
- 2 T. Roughly Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1/4 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 C. Non-Dairy Milk (Soy, Almond, Coconut, etc.)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.